Residency - Neurosurgery (Chief), 2005-2007
Grandview Medical Center, Dayton OH
- Neurosurgery, 2002-2005
St. Barnabas & Long Island Jewish Medical Center, NY/NJ
Internship - Traditional Rotating Internship, 2001-2002
Christ Hospital, Jersey City NJ
Medical Degree - Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, 1997-2001
Kansas City Univ. of Medicine & Biosciences, Kansas City MO
Postgraduate & - Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry, Magna cum Laude, 1995-1997
Undergraduate Canisius College, Buffalo NY
- Sabbatical and Military Experience, 1992-1995
- Cell & Molecular Biology, 1991-1992
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo NY
- Master of Science in Microbiology, 1989-1991
University of Bombay, Bombay India
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology & Chemistry, 1986-1989
St. Xavier's College, Bombay India
Clinical Honors in the following Clerkships during Medical Training:
1. Family Medicine - Deborah Wilson, MD, Grant Medical Center, OH. February 2001.
2. Neurosurgery - Larry Armstrong, DO, Doctors Hospital, OH. December 2000.
3. Neurosurgery - Thomas Goodall, DO, Grandview Medical Center, OH. November 2000.
4. Neurosurgery - Leslie Hellbusch, MD, University Of Nebraska, NE. October 2000.
5. Neurosurgery - Walter Johnson, MD, Loma Linda Medical Center, CA. September 2000.
6. Neurosurgery - Lee Buono, MD, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, PA. August 2000.
7. Commendation in medical knowledge, communication skills, professionalism and humanistic qualities, Neurology - Ricardo Lim, MD, UMDNJ-Union City. July 2000.
8. Infectious Diseases - Anthony Mangia, MD, UMDNJ-Jersey City. June 2000.
9. Commendation in medical knowledge, communication skills, professionalism and humanistic qualities, Psychiatry - Robert Greenberg, MD, UMDNJ-Jersey City. May 2000.
10. Pediatrics - John Bernadi, DO, UMDNJ-Statford. April 2000.
11. Commendation in medical knowledge and professionalism, Hematology-Oncology - Patrick McKenna, MD, UMDNJ-Camden. March 2000.
12. Commendation in medical knowledge, communication skills, professionalism and humanistic qualities, General Surgery - Amrit Nayar, MD, UMDNJ-Camden. February 2000.
13. Commendation in professionalism, Cardiology - Dilip Viswanath, MD, UMDNJ-Cherry Hill. January 2000.
14. Commendation in medical knowledge, communication skills and professionalism, Family Medicine - Greg Tracey, MD, UMDNJ-Jersey City. November 1999.
15. Commendation in humanistic qualities, Internal Medicine - John Di Gioia, MD, UMDNJ-Jersey City. October 1999.
16. Commendation in medical knowledge, communication skills, professionalism and humanistic qualities, Family Medicine - Paul Teodoro, MD, UMDNJ-Jersey City. September 1999.
1. Graduated Magna cum Laude 1997, Canisius College.
2. Dean's Honor List 1995, 1996 and 1997, Canisius College.
3. Dr. James P. Jordan '22 Memorial Scholarship 1995 & 1996, Canisius College.
4. Authur L. Rohmer Pre-Medical Scholarship 1995 & 1996, Canisius College.
5. Fr. Baker's Scholarship 1995 & 1996, Canisius College.
6. National Merit Scholarship in Microbiology 1989 University Of Bombay.
7. Fr. Dreckman's Third Chemistry Scholarship 1985, 1986 & 1987 St. Xavier's.
1. Stryker ® Radiofrequency Ablation Training Program. June 2009, NJ.
2. Synthes ® Pro-Disc L Training Program. November 2008, TX.
3. Aesculap ® Thoracolumbar Fractures. October 2008, CO.
4. C1-C2 Screw Placement Preceptorship with Dr. Riew. October 2008, MO.
5. ANS ® PAWS Lab in Spinal Cord Stimulation. September 2008, MO.
6. Medtronic ® X-Stop Training Program. July 2008, TN.
7. Synthes ® Pro-Disc C Training Program. June 2008, NY.
8. Kyphon ® Balloon Kyphoplasty Training Program. May 2008, FL.
9. Proctorship in Vertebroplasty - Case Observance and Practice. February 2008, LA.
10. Symposium on Spinal Surgery & Case Review - Theory, Patient Selection, Instrumentation, Technique and Current Trends. July 2007, HI.
11. Abbott Spine ® cadeveric "PathFinder Minimally Invasive Pedicle Fixation System" and "Cadence and TraXis Minimally Invasive Interbody Spacer Systems" course. October 2005, OH.
1. "Evaluation of the On-Q Post-Op Pain Relief System as an Adjunct to Morphine PCA in Control of Post-Operative Pain after Posterolateral Interbody Fusion", Grandview Medical Center, May 2007.
2. "Can the Amount of Disc Removed in Grams During Initial Microsurgical Lumbar Discectomy Predict the Need for Future Lumbar Interbody Fusion: 1-Year and 5-Year Analysis", Grandview Medical Center, May 2007.
3. "Hereditary Multiple Exostoses Presenting with Spinal Myelopathy: Case Report and Literature Review", Long Island Jewish Medical Center, May 2005.
4. "Resident Exposure to Drilling Techniques and Muscle Dissection Using The Pig As An Animal Model", St. Barnabas Medical Center, May 2004.
5. "Metastatic Undifferentiated Neuroendocrine Carcinoma, Small Cell Type, Masquerading As A Pituitary Adenoma: Case Report", St. Barnabas Medical Center, May 2003.
6. "Isolation, Characterization and Comparison of Actin from various sources", Canisius College, 1997.
7. "Effect of Teratogenic Agents on Growing Rat Neurons", Canisius College 1996.
1. Cape Girardeau County Area Medical Society
2. Missouri State Medical Association
3. Missouri Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
4. American Osteopathic Board of Surgeons
5. American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
6. American Osteopathic Association
7. North American Spine Society
• Cranial, intracranial and extracranial lesions including trans-sphenoidal
• Trauma - skull fracture, hemorrhage, CSF leak
• Arteriovenous malformations
• Shunting procedures for CSF
• Minimally invasive spine procedures
• Treatment of Degenerative Disc Disease and other diseases of the cervical, thoracic and lumber spine
• Pain management procedures - facet block, transforaminal epidural steroid injection, selective nerve root block
• Implantation of nerve stimulating device and drug delivery systems
• Discography, Myelography and Cisternography
3. Peripheral nerve surgery
• Decompression, neurolysis, anastomosis and biopsy
4. Gamma Knife
• Tumors, trigeminal neuralgia and AVM's